We are still having database server problems at work, for some reason the query rate is hitting the floor with exactly the same server/config/schema as we used to use, and we're doing everything short of actually hacking into the raw storage device to work out why. I wish we had something like dtrace, it's very hard to see into these things without the right tools.
We are trying to port to a different vendor's product in desparation. We will see how we do tonight.
I started my long-awaited sablecc project yesterday. It'll be months before I get another look at it, but it's a start. I wish there was some documentation, but there isn't. It is beautiful though.