I have a Soundcraft 328XD and a Behringer DEQ2496. I want to run AES from the desk to the EQ, but the EQ says "No clock".
* All my cables work, and have 0 ohms on all cores.
* Linking two Behringer EQs using AES works. They receive wordclock at all sample rates from 44.1 to 96KHz.
* The desk receives AES wordclock from the EQ if the EQ generates 44.1 or 48KHz. The desk is not capable of 88 or 96KHz.
* The desk apparently also generates TDIF and ADAT fine. I've only used the TDIF.
Tests not performed:
* Jury rig the desk SP/DIF into the EQ's AES - probably not worth it.
* Put a scope on the desk AES output to look for clock - no scope.
Any ideas, anybody?